|b. january 25th of 1964 in Rio de Janeiro, RJ- Brazil.
Main Art influences: Brazilian and European Art (especially German Expressionism), alongside with Ancient and Eastern Art.
College - Bachelor degree in Communications/Journalism (Concluded in 1996) in Brasilia, DF - Brazil.
Modalities - Illustrator; Fine artist: painting (oil and acrylic), etching/engraving (dry point, aquatint, soft ground, mezzotint), drawing (watercolour, pastel, charcoal), since 1983; Graphic designer (illustration, cartoon, page design, engraving as part of the illustration context) - since 1992; Photographer (B/W prints), since 1995); some video, since 1995; Web design since 1996; Video making/editing, since 1995.
Instructors - Fine arts: Marlene Godoy (painting) - from 1990 to 1992; Engraving: Leda Watson - from 1983 to 1986; Carmen Fraga (painting and mixed techniques) - from aug/2006 to present.
Qualification: Engraving (Leda Watson's Atelier, Oct'87 - Brasilia, DF - Brazil).
Participation: "IV Concurso de Artes Plasticas da TELEBRAS": Fine Arts' Competition (TELEBRAS: Brazilian Telecommunications Organization), Nov' 84, at Brasilia, DF - Brazil (Silver medal in engraving); "Salao BRASILIA/MARINHAS": Fine Arts' Salon at Brazilian Navy Ministry's facilities, Dec' 91 - Brasilia, DF - Brazil; "II Salao de Humor de Piracicaba" (Cartoon/Comics' Competition) - Piracicaba, SP, Jun' 93.
Solo and Collective exhibitions - Collective: Leda Watson's Atelier Pupils (from 1983 to 1986 - Brasilia, DF); IV Salão de Artes Plásticas da TELEBRÁS/DF (1984, Brasilia, DF - Silver Medal in Engraving) - Fine Arts Exhibition; 'Grupo Clube das Artes - Gravura em Metal' (1985, Brasilia, DF) - Engraving Exhibition; 'Noite de Arte/Night of Art' (Brazilian Art Exhibition), at the American Embassy in Brazil (1987, Brasilia, DF); Salão Paralelo à III Bienal Nacional de Santos (1991, Santos, SP) - Fine Arts Exhibition; Salão Brasilia/Marinhas XVI - Ministério da Marinha (1991, Brasilia, DF) - Fine Arts exhibition; II Salão Universitário de Humor de Piracicaba (1993, Piracicaba, SP) - Cartoon/comics exhibition. Firefly Gallery, as finalist (1996, http://www.firefly.net ). Solo: Espaço CULT-CAFÉ (1992, Brasília, DF).
* 1987 - Courses of Theater and Cinema/Video (Making and editing), both at Brasilia, DF (Brazil). Was admitted in New York's PARSONS SCHOOL OF DESIGN, for the course of Illustration (Undergraduate degree).
* 1990 - Participation (various artists) in the mural of Galpao & Galpaozinho theaters' facilities, on restoration works (Brasilia, DF).
* Since 1990 - Several free-lance works as illustrator and graphic designer, including Illustration and Page design/editing.
* Nov '96 - Firefly Personal Page of The Week Award (On http://www.firefly.net ).
* Jun '00 - Sociedade MUTARE's Homepage, Brazil (http://mypage.org/mutare ).
* 2001 - Graphic Design works for AGENDA EVENTOS Productions - Brasília, DF.
* May/01 - ABITARE ITALIA (participation) - Seminar of Italian and Brazillian design. Brasilia, DF
* Jun/01 - Founder of the first south-american branch of Stuckism International (http://www.stuckism.com ), establishing it at Brasilia, DF - Brazil.
* march/01 - collaborator for MULTARTE (http://www.multarte.com.br ), writing subjects about Arts, Cinema, etc..
* 2001 - works of Graphic Design for AGENDA EVENTOS (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Brasília, DF - BRASIL
* Abr/04 - Animation and Design: Fireworks and Flash certificates (IPED, Instituto Politécnico de Ensino a Distância - http://www.iped.com.br )
Brazil, october of 2006.